Saturday, April 4, 2009

Politics of death


Politics of Death

Punjab cooperative minister Captain Kanwaljit Singh was killed in a car accident near village Khanpur on Chandigarh - Ludhiana national highway.

March 29, 2009
5:10 pm

“Did you get information? Captain Kanwaljit had met with an accident.”
“Yes, I am on my way to the accident site.”

5:14 pm
“Are you there?”
“Yes, I am.”
“Tell me what you see.”
“The car is crushed beyond recognition. The co-pilot seat is crushed badly.”
“No. Tell me whether he has survived the accident.”
“I don’t think so. Eye witnesses say he was dead the moment he was taken out of mangled remains of car.”
Long pause……

“Do me a favor. Just mention in your report that “@#$%^*” has condoled death of the minister. ”
“But I am not sure about the death. PGI Chandigarh is yet to announce it.”
“Even if he is injured seriously just mention I have wish him good luck for speedy recovery.”
And the phone line goes off.

1 comment:

my poetry journal said...

wonderful way of telling a story.